Monday, March 3, 2008


So I came across some random inspiration thanks to a chance encounter with a news article about bananas and a comment from a girl on my vb team. With my new idea I made progress and am really pleased with my graphics and overall game design (which was a fair amount of work considering I had to start from scratch), but I found that I still don't really know enough to code my own game from scratch. Therefore my game is extremely similar in function to the example. It took longer than I anticipated for me to sort through all the scripting and figure out what goes with what and how it all works, but I am proud to say that I managed to figure out almost all of it on my own and with some help from Tracy got my game up and running. Unfortunately I was unable to successfully add in a new element that would make the game harder and more interesting to play. I am planning on coming in early to ask for help because I know that I am just missing something small and I know which area the error is in, I just can't figure out how to fix it. I was hoping to form my game around the example from class and once I had it working to make adjustments and changes from there to make it my own. Due to time and a not working section of collision detection I haven't quite reached that goal yet. I also thought about adding more levels, but for only having 2 weeks to create full functional game from scratch that was kinda asking for too much. So as it stands I have one almost perfectly functioning level, a load screen, title page, instruction page, and credits page and I feel pretty good about my game. It's kinda silly, kinda educational, and sends an environmental message that isn't too blatantly obvious or in your face (at least I don't think so). Anyway, I am starting to ramble and it's late and I have to go catch a bus and get up early tomorrow so I guess that's it for now. YAY for Banana Rescue! (The name of my game)

1 comment:

MEGrube said...